[BusyBox] nameif

Miguel Ángel Álvarez Cabanes ma.alvarez at usyscom.com
Tue May 31 07:07:25 MDT 2005

I have been using nameif in different embedded environments (PPC and
686) without problems.

However, when trying to use it with an STPC Atlas (I think it is based
on a 486) and kernel 2.6.10 (busybox 1.0.0), it allways breaks on:

if (ioctl(ctl_sk, SIOCGIFNAME, &ifr))
	break;

I am not quite sure about the causes of the problem, but I have solved
it adding an option that allows to set the old name of the interface...
(which I think it coulf be quite useful because you don't need to know
the MAC of your device).

I suppose that using this I could also eliminate the use of:
/* Has this device hwaddr? */
if (ioctl(ctl_sk, SIOCGIFHWADDR, &ifr))
	continue;

but I have maintained it for compatibility.

Has anybody experience the same problems with nameif?

Thanks

Miguel Ángel

----------------------------------------- PLEASE NOTE -------------------------------------------
This message, along with any attachments, may be confidential or legally privileged.
It is intended only for the named person(s), who is/are the only authorized recipients.
If this message has reached you in error, kindly destroy it without review and notify the sender immediately.
Thank you for your help.
µSysCom uses virus scanning software but excludes any liability for viruses contained in any attachment.

Este mensaje y sus anexos pueden contener información confidencial y/o con derecho legal.
Está dirigido únicamente a la/s persona/s o entidad/es reseñadas como único destinatario autorizado.
Si este mensaje le hubiera llegado por error, por favor elimínelo sin revisarlo ni reenviarlo y notifíquelo inmediatamente al remitente. Gracias por su colaboración.
µSysCom utiliza software antivirus, pero no se hace responsable de los virus contenidos en los ficheros anexos.