[BusyBox] crond

Buttchereit, Axel (XL) XL at XLsigned.net
Mon Mar 28 22:53:06 UTC 2005

Hinko Kocevar wrote:
> Wang Jian wrote:
>
>> Hi Vladimir N. Oleynik,
>>
>> This method has too much time inaccuracy if program runs a little long.
>> A C program should be written to cope with time overhead between each
>> execution of program.
>>

> Actualy all I need is to periodicaly update watchdog timer on pxa255 CPU
> to keep it running. Procedure involves only one ioctl call to device
> driver, so executing this should probably not take too much time (or I
> could be wrong).

So there must be some user space program/daemon that starts the timer at boot time.
Shouldn't the same user space program/daemon also take care to toggle the watchdog,
if everything is still up and running?
/*
 Assuming that your situation is similar to what is described in kernel sources:
 linux/Documenation/(watchdoc/)?(pcwd-)?watchdog(-api)?.txt
*/

It this is not possible, you might consider to use code from the examples given
in kernel docs (see above).

Cheers,
Axel

P. S.: Maybe the watchdog timer shouldn't be startet at all...