[BusyBox] OT: mailing list setup

Frank Lenaerts lenaerts.frank at pandora.be
Thu Mar 17 08:59:26 UTC 2005

On Wed, Mar 16, 2005 at 11:30:14PM -0800, steve wrote:
> Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> >Then why do you do it yourself to others? Your message had:
> >
> >	To: Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de>
> >	Cc: busybox at mail.busybox.net
> >
> >which is also redundand as I'm subscribed to the list.
>
> Yep - but Thunderbird mail doesn't have any real mailing list support,
> and half the lists I'm on don't munge - so its becoming habit to
> 'reply-all' regardless.

So you're saying we have to adapt the behaviour of a mailinglist to
fit your mail client or your habit. I would propose that you either
use a mailclient which supports your requirements or either change
your habits (to live with the deficiencies of your mailclient).

> yes, it is a waste of bandwidth and redundant...
> but spending the time to edit out the 'extra' email addresses
> and change the 'CC: busybox@' to 'To: busybox@' just doesn't seem worth
> it, or I'm in a hurry, or I just plain forget.

"seem", "I'm in a hurry", "I forget" ... hmmm did you also setup a
personal mailinglist to question yourself? ;-)

lenaerts.frank at pandora.be

gpg fingerprint: A41E A399 5160 BAB9 AEF1  58F2 B92A F4AB 9FFB 3707
gpg key id: 9FFB3707

Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly."
-- Henry Spencer