[BusyBox] [BusyBox 0000014]: ZipIt wireless IM device using Busybox-1.00-pre1

bugs at busybox.net bugs at busybox.net
Wed Mar 16 20:27:55 UTC 2005

The following issue has been ASSIGNED.
<http://busybox.net/bugs/view.php?id=14>
Reported By:                prpplague
Assigned To:                BusyBox
Project:                    BusyBox
Issue ID:                   14
Category:                   License Violations
Reproducibility:            N/A
Severity:                   block
Date Submitted:             01-14-2005 12:54 PST
Last Modified:              03-16-2005 12:27 PST
the ZipIt wireless IM device appears to be using busybox-1.00-pre1 in the
ramdisk, however no source has been made available.

 andersen - 01-14-05 13:01
There is additional information about the device available from:
http://www.elkgrovewireless.com/zipit/

The vendor appears to be:
http://www.zipitwireless.com/

And according to http://www.zipitwireless.com/contact.php:
Market/Press/Product Inquiries:
Mike Crisp
Henderson PR
84 Villa Road
Greenville, SC 29615
864.298.1430

 prpplague - 01-14-05 13:08
Getting the firmware:

Zipit updated to version 3.1.08.
I added ROM files to my http server: http://coderx.cjb.net/~zippy/ .
You can download the files from http://www.zipitwireless.net/~zippy/
as well, I'm storing them for backup. I hope this helps the
decryption/decompression efforts.

~Jesse (coderxtreme)
HTTP Stream between Zipit and AP listed below