[BusyBox] Trouble adding custom-made package

Stephan Henningsen sth at amplex.dk
Wed Mar 16 10:07:57 UTC 2005

Hello Word,

I am new to buildroot and I have a question about the basics and a more
complex one.

The basic question:

I'm trying to create my own custom-made buildroot package.  And
everytime I've changed something it its *.mk file, I want to see if it
works.  Therefore I do a  "make"  in buildroot/, but this doesn't
compile anything at all.  Aparrently because  buildroot/build_arm/root/
exists; removing it makes  "make"  at least do something.

Is there a more appropriate way of doing a clean?  Doing  "make clean"
from buildroot/ is a very, very bad idea, since it removes the entire
toolchain and all my configurations (shoulnd't this job be targeted
"mrproper", and "clean" do a friendly clean?).

The complex:

As mentioned, I am trying to add a new package to my buildroot
environment, namely bluez-libs.  So I read
http://buildroot.uclibc.org/buildroot.html#add_software and tried to
copy it.  I found out, that this isn't enough, and that
buildroot/package/Config.in  should be aware of my package too.  Now
"make menuconfig"  shows my bluez-libs, but  "make"  still doesn't
download or compile it.

What else should I do, to add my package?  I see there's an interesting
buildroot/.config.cmd file too, but I assume that's autogenerated, since
it's hidden.

I've attached my buildroot/package/bluez-libs/Config.in and
buildroot/package/bluez-libs/bluez-libs.mk, in case anyone would be so
kind to debug them for me =).  Not bluez-libs.mk

--
Stephan Henningsen