[BusyBox] dynamic linking issues to be solved related to busybox !!!

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Mar 15 09:48:04 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 15 March 2005 04:53 am, Aditya wrote:
> Hi,
> Finally i have a working distro for soekris-net-4521 just like pebble
> but much smaller than that. I have a few issues to think on which i
> would appretiate if someone helps me to figure out. Issues are as
> follows:
> (1) Busybox-1.00 does not support dynamic linking by default or i must
> say that uClibc and glibc by default don't have support enabled for
> runtime dynamic linking. IS THIS TRUE ??????????

No.  Statically linking is a config option in busybox.  Make menuconfig and
switch it off.

> bcoz i had issue
> running my busybox init with dynamic linking and it worked fine with
> static linking.

Dynamic works fine here, has for years.

By the way, "bcoz" and "ur" are not words.

> (2) The above point would make more sense if suppose i want to insert
> some device drivers for a particular wireless/wired card into the
> kernel. Then i want it to run as is using dynamic linking. IS IT
> POSSIBLE ????

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING?

What does dynamic linking of your executable have to do with getting insmod to
work?  They're unrelated...