[BusyBox] Serious bug in find_mount_point.c

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Fri Mar 11 16:10:00 UTC 2005

> Has anyone noticed that:
> $ df {path}
> does not output anything but the header line if {path} is on the
> root filesystem or denotes the root device?
> With this patch both 'df /' and 'df /dev/root' work properly.
> This is more than can be said for the "standard" linux df command.
> Should busybox folks file a bug with df's maintainers, or conform to its
> breakage? ;-)

I assert the breakage is non-standard.
df on debian sarge and sid does not have the problem you describe.

$ df --version
df (coreutils) 5.2.1
$ df /
/dev/sda1               255912    176139     66120  73% /
$ df /dev/sda1
/dev/sda1               255912    176139     66120  73% /
$

If you don't have easy access to that code, let me know and I'll
shoot a tarball over to you.

    - Larry