[BusyBox] small PPP implementation?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Wed Mar 9 11:23:50 UTC 2005

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> Robin,
>
> > Just had a look at the latest ppp (2.4.3) and a stripped binary on my 8xx
> > target comes out at 262k !!
> >
> > Does anyone have any recommendations for a smaller package or an applet for
> > Busybox that will provide the server end of a link?
>
> I havn`t 8xx target, but my pppd-2.4.3 port for IA32
> have 106k (with BSS - 137k):
> ftp://ftp.simtreas.ru/pub/my/bb/new/pppd.c.gz

hmmm ... i'm building a system for an 8xx target as well which
includes PPP and, sure enough, a stripped version of the pppd 2.4.3
executable (cross-compiled with ELDK 3.1) is right around 262K, so i'm
assuming robin and i did pretty much the same thing.

i certainly don't see how to get it any smaller.  i just used the
"ppc_8xx-strip" executable that comes with ELDK 3.1.

rday