[BusyBox] LSB compliant sysvinit applet.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Mar 4 15:18:12 UTC 2005

On Friday 04 March 2005 12:28 am, David Seikel wrote:
> #endlurk
>
> The documentation for the init applet says "If you want runlevels, use
> sysvinit."  I'm writing LSB (Linux Standard Base) compliant sysvinit
> style busybox applets.  They also ignore the runlevel field in
> /etc/inittab, while being compatible with the busybox default inittab.
> LSB has default runlevels encoded in the init scripts, and the storage
> place for non-default runlevel details is implementation specific.  So I
> store them elsewhere.

I had about 3/4 of a complete init rewrite done at one point, but it was
during the feature freeze leading up to 1.0, which was followed by several
months of "the CVS repository is going away in favor of subversion, don't
check anything in", and by the time subversion went up (which I still haven't
downloaded the tools to actually use yet), I'd misplaced the init rewrite.
(I'm fairly certain I still have it, but it would take hours of searching to
find, and I could just start over with the rewrite anyway...)

Would there be interest in an init cleanup?  (I need to finish cleaning up my
mount rewrite and get that merged first.  No, I haven't entered it into the
bug tracking system.)