[BusyBox] id -G patch

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Fri Jun 24 19:38:43 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 21 June 2005 10:51, Alexander.Griesser at lkh-vil.or.at wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 10:02 +0200, Marc Leeman wrote:
> > Speaking for myself, as long as it is not strictly needed, it doesn't
> > get in. But this might prove useful to other ppl, so a configuration
> > setting might be interesting here (like a lot of ohter programs have).
>
> OK, I modified the patch to use a global configuration option and that
> seems to work, although sometimes I have to compile the files two times
> to get the functionality...
>
> Maybe someone can tell me, if editing these files is not enough:
>
> coreutils/Config.in
> include/usage.h
> coreutils/id.c
>
> The new configuration option is CONFIG_FEATURE_ID_GROUPLIST.
>
> The patch can be downloaded here:
>
> [http://www.tuxx-home.at/projects/busybox/busybox-id-Gv2.diff]
>
> regards,
Hi,
Just for info there is a patch by "Tony J. White" <tjw at webteam.net>
in Dec/2004 Mailing list archives that does about the same thing,
but is not limited to group IDs of the current process (due to the use
of getgroups) that return strange results if used with an username
as arg.

GNU  id -Gn tito
tito farmatito firebird mysql
./busybox id -Gn tito