[BusyBox] Re: environment variables that are set in the boot eeprom not set in shell environment

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri Jun 24 19:49:31 UTC 2005

In message <42BC263B.6050007 at ll.mit.edu> you wrote:
> Got the solution:
> hseTargetName=`cat /proc/cmdline | sed 's/.*hseTargetName=//'|sed 's/ .*//'`

Useless use of 'cat' award pending. And another useless sed process.
67% overhead.

Why not simply:

	sed -e 's/.*hseTargetName=//' -e 's/ .*//' /proc/cmdline

Best regards,

Wolfgang Denk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
So we follow our wandering paths, and the very darkness acts  as  our
guide and our doubts serve to reassure us. - Jean-Pierre de Caussade,
eighteenth-century Jesuit priest