[BusyBox] linuxrc

Royce Kemp rkemp at ip3.com
Tue Jun 21 22:21:13 UTC 2005

To spread information, here are some findings for anyone who might follow
in my path:

./busybox linuxrc is equivalent to ./busybox init
ergo source code is found in busybox-XXX/init/init.[c|h]

also, the reason my initrd image wasn't remaing as the root filesystem was
b/c I did not compile busybox with the CONFIG_STATIC=y option. therefore
the kernel was invoking /linuxrc which is really busybox init, and in order
for busybox to even work, it needed the dynamic linker (which isn't
available this early in the boot process) so recompiling busybox as a
static binary solved that problem and the system booted with the correct
root filesystem now (the initrd image and NOT /dev/hda as in my case).

good luck.