[BusyBox] id -G patch

Alexander.Griesser at lkh-vil.or.at Alexander.Griesser at lkh-vil.or.at
Tue Jun 21 07:50:50 UTC 2005

On Tue, 2005-06-21 at 09:45 +0200, Marc Leeman wrote:
> > The -G resp. -Gn options are "necessary" when using WinSCP to transfer
> > files from a Windows-Workstation to a client running busybox.
>
> This is not entirely true.

Therefore the word necessary is within quotation marks. It's extremely
slow when the groups command is not available (extremely depends on how
much time you may spend to transfer files between two machines though)
and the error message is quite disturbing.

> I get a warning that groups is not present, but I can connect AND can
> copy a file to/or from the embedded system.

Maybe I did not explain myself very well, sorry for that (and also that
you had to go and test it!).

As I'm new here please tell me:
What's the main policy of busybox?
Implementing only things that are really needed, so the -G option to id
in fact is not really needed and therefore I agree in not including it
into the main branch.
Or are patches of this kind welcome?

regards,
--
|   .-.  | Alexander Griesser -- Netzwerkadministration LKH-VI | .''`. |
|   /v\   \   GPG-KeyID: 0xA2949B5A  --  +43 4242 208 3061    / : :' : |