[BusyBox] mke2fs seems broken - false alarm

Tito farmatito at tiscali.it
Wed Jun 15 14:28:49 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 15 June 2005 14:58, walter harms wrote:

> 'use the source luke',
> i would prefer a #ifdef CONFIG_LFS inside the source.
> it eases debugging (i can compile it standlone) and ppl
> do not need to grep all files to find configs.
>
> re,
> 	walter
Hi,
The only problem with this is that I have no idea where
in the source and what should be #ifdefed.
BTW maybe this is related to the size
of the partition to format.
I was able to format a floppy but had this trouble
with a bigger partition:

/dev/hde2             112G   33M  107G   1% /mnt/disc2

The "turn it on by default" would be the easiest way
but most people don't need to format such big
partitions on embedded systems,
so a notice in the help section of the config
system IMHO is the best solution.

Ciao,
Tito