[BusyBox] invocation for "getty" on direct serial port?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at mindspring.com
Tue Jun 14 19:47:41 UTC 2005

  i'm trying to use BB's "getty" program to enable a login on a
hardwired serial port from my embedded system back to my laptop.
i've verified using echo > /dev/ttd/0 (on the embedded system) that
the connection exists.

  i'm connected from the laptop via minicom, 9600,8N1, but every
incantation of "getty" i try on the embedded system just gives me the
usage string.  i'm about to look at the source but if someone has a
suggestion for the proper getty invocation, that would be appreciated.

rday