[BusyBox] busybox with devfs

Martin Kiepfer snuggles at acampo.net
Fri Jun 10 14:25:24 UTC 2005

hi everybody,

I'm using busybox for a netboot image.  Because this image will be booted from a lot of clients at the same time
I wanted do implement a ssh Server into the image.
The problem there was, that sshd tries to change some permissions in the dev dir (/dev/ttyp0 and /dev/pts/0)
and I don't want to give the client write permission to this dir,  I had the idea to use devfs.
When the image is booted now the devfs is mounted and even the sysinit script will be executed. But after finishing
this rc script init stops. I don't get a console (which is connected and activated only for debugging things).
busybox is compiled with devfs support and this is my inittab:
::sysinit:/etc/init.d/rc.sysinit
tty0::respawn:/bin/sh
tts/1::respwan:/bin/sh

I know that there must be done some other things to get busybox working with devfs, but I don't know what exactly.
Perhaps someone of you could give me some help.

regards,
Martin