[BusyBox] To when need I send patch ?

Craig Skinner craig at openpost.org
Mon Jun 6 12:01:09 UTC 2005

Roberto Alcantara wrote:

> Hi guys. Sorry about my basic question, but to when need I send patch to
> some BB tool ?
>
> I will add -s (ip source) option in BB telnet client, because it's very
> usefull to test connection to some ports in hosts with more one output
> route. But for when need I send my code? This is usefull to BusyBox?

man telnet shows:

-b hostalias
Uses bind(2) on the local socket to bind it to an aliased address
(see ifconfig(8) and the ``alias'' specifier) or to the address
of another interface than the one naturally chosen by connect(2).
This can be useful when connecting to services which use IP ad­
dresses for authentication and reconfiguration of the server is
undesirable (or impossible).

-S tos
Sets the IP type-of-service (TOS) option for the telnet connec­
tion to the value tos, which can be a numeric TOS value or, on
systems that support it, a symbolic TOS name found in the
/etc/iptos file.

So you would want to make this -b, not -S then.

Craig Skinner.