[BusyBox] Patch 006 from the bug thing (devfsd)

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Sun Jun 5 16:50:13 UTC 2005

> Why are extensive whitespace changes mixed in with a functional change?

Also, remember that Linux 2.6 Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt
has this notice right at the top:

  What:   devfs
  When:   July 2005
  Files:  fs/devfs/*, include/linux/devfs_fs*.h and assorted devfs
          function calls throughout the kernel tree
  Why:    It has been unmaintained for a number of years, has unfixable
          races, contains a naming policy within the kernel that is
          against the LSB, and can be replaced by using udev.

Right now I'm polishing off a buildroot patch to make sure "udev" will
properly drop in and replace devfs, when it's configured in.  I'll
submit that to the "bug thing" of course ... anyone using 2.6.12 or
newer Linux kernels (and buildroot!) will likely be interested.

- Dave