[BusyBox] RE: Ifconfig hw ether seems to cause crash (more)

Larry Doolittle ldoolitt at recycle.lbl.gov
Sat Jun 4 19:17:47 UTC 2005

Mark -

On Sat, Jun 04, 2005 at 12:49:23PM -0400, Mark Richards wrote:
> Here's another few tests.  I am consistently able to output more of these
> commands in sequence when the mac address is within quotes, than when it's
> not.  But, it still blows up. [chop]
> # ifconfig eth1 hw ether 00:40:8C:6E:11:FF
> <1>Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address

I know this is obvious, and there are exceptions to the rule,
but if the kernel oopses, it's not busybox's fault.

Start by finding the source line/code path in the kernel
with e.g., ksymoops.  It's nice you have a reproducible
way to trigger it.  Then take up the problem with the
maintainers of your kernel.

       - Larry