[BusyBox] Re: [BusyBox-cvs] svn commit: trunk/busybox: include networking

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Jul 27 11:48:36 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 06:19, Rob Landley wrote:

> Lemme think about this.  Possibly we could #define a CONF_THING to be 0 or
> 1 and leave the CONFIG_THING to be #ifdef or #ifndef.  (That's a little
> more subtle than I'm quite comfortable with, but I could live with it and I
> can't think of a better prefix off the top of my head.  The makefile magic
> is still fairly simple, especially if we have bb_config.h #include
> config.h...)
>
> Suggestions?
>
> Rob

The prefix "ENABLED_" wouldn't be a bad replacement for "CONFIG_" (less subtle
for something with different semantics).  The CONFIG_ version would be
#ifdef/#ifndef, and the ENABLED_ version of the same symbol would be 0 or 1.

This way, we don't have to worry about stupid compilers allocating space for
constants.

Comments?