[BusyBox] Start up problems

Greg Lindberg gl4jalopi at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 25 15:50:57 UTC 2005

To All,

First, Thanks for the help so far, And now a bit more information on what's
going on.

When I start Busybox up as '/bin/sh', main calls run_applet_by_name() with
'sh' and is never heard from again.

When I start Busybox up as '/sbin/init', main calls run_applet_by_name()
with 'init', which reads the inittab that I have that only has an 'askfirst'
entry.  This produces the 'Please press Enter to activate this console.'
output and when I press 'Enter' spawns another copy of Busybox with command
'-sh'.  This second copy then repeats the process, and when 'Enter' is
pressed, spawns another copy of Busybox, and so on, and so on...

Hopefully, someone can provide me with some more insight into what's going
on, and/or what I need to do to get Busybox to provide me with a prompt.

Greg