[BusyBox] using dpkg with busybox

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jul 22 05:39:39 UTC 2005

On Wednesday 20 July 2005 09:50, Paul Fox wrote:
> kim -- since you weren't the submitter, you may not know that
> a version of your dpkg patch is meant to be in the bug system:
>     http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=48
> unfortunately, the bug links to the mailing list archives, and the
> archives don't contain your patch -- the link from the archive to
> the attachment repository is broken

The mailing list archives all link to codepoet.org.  If you replace that with
busybox.net (otherwise the same URL), the attachments are there.  (I dunno
what's involved in bugging Erik into running sed against the archive files so
they have the right links.  I suppose he could tell me to do it, the sad part
is that implementing sed actually gives one several levels in sed-fu, so I
could probably manage it myself.  And the svn access I have is tunneled
through ssh, so I might even give me a login to the box in question, I
haven't tried...)

Anyway, Paul: since you seem to have some variant of a handle on this issue (I
don't use dpkg either), I'll leave checking in a fix to 1.1 to you.