[BusyBox] PATCH for crond EOL bug (Was: the bug system and 1.0.1)

Pauli Saksa psaksa at cc.hut.fi
Mon Jul 18 13:23:05 UTC 2005

On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 18:07:19 -0400 Paul Fox <pgf at brightstareng.com> wrote:

> Not ready -- no proposed fix, or no patch, or link to patch broken.
> the fix may still be trivial, it just isn't available Right Now.

> 0000063 Other          minor   03-16-05 crond doesn't execute a crontab
> entry with no trailing EOL

For a reason I have already forgotten I never sent this patch forward...

Patched code ignores whitespace characters more effectively when
reading crontab. Leading whitespace does not start a comment line
anymore.

original:
$ size miscutils/crond.o
   3949       8       8    3965     f7d miscutils/crond.o

patched:
$ size miscutils/crond.o
   3917       8       8    3933     f5d miscutils/crond.o

--
Pauli Saksa
psaksa at cc.hut.fi