[BusyBox] ipkg as busybox applet

Waldemar Brodkorb wbx at openbsd-geek.de
Sun Jul 17 13:50:52 UTC 2005

Hi,
Dick Hollenbeck wrote,

> This would be a nice addition to busybox.  I just now looked at the CVS
> where evidently the source code is kept.  It looks like there is a copy
> of the 0.6 busybox library in that ipkg module.  I did not dig too deep
> but this could mean that the code is already largely integrated with the
> bb library functions and developing a patch could be fairly easy.

Unfortunately not very largely, but in a quick preview hack, it
would save 28 kb on our squashfs lzma root filesystem, when
integrated into busybox as an applet.

> And, given that it is already busybox dependent, perhaps the original
> author(s)/owner(s) might simply want to be responsible for maintaining
> it within the busybox code base as its primary home.
>
> Anybody want to suggest this to the owner?

I do not find any mailinglist on the handheld.org site. Should I
contact some of the people in the ChangeLog? I'll try their IRC
channel.

>  Of course somebody here
> could do the first pass incorporation/integration to help make the
> sale.  Any takers?

May be I will provide a patch after cleanup. After what the hack :}

bye
    Waldemar

--
Geek by nature. OpenBSD by choice.