[BusyBox] ipkg as busybox applet

Robert Schwebel robert at schwebel.de
Sat Jul 16 14:31:20 UTC 2005

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 07:35:56AM -0500, Dick Hollenbeck wrote:
> This would be a nice addition to busybox.  I just now looked at the CVS
> where evidently the source code is kept.  It looks like there is a copy
> of the 0.6 busybox library in that ipkg module.  I did not dig too deep
> but this could mean that the code is already largely integrated with the
> bb library functions and developing a patch could be fairly easy.
>
> And, given that it is already busybox dependent, perhaps the original
> author(s)/owner(s) might simply want to be responsible for maintaining
> it within the busybox code base as its primary home.
>
> Anybody want to suggest this to the owner?   Of course somebody here
> could do the first pass incorporation/integration to help make the
> sale.  Any takers?

Taken in which horrible state the "real" ipkg is - no documentation
other than "should work somehow like dpkg", no sane error handling,
introducing new bugs with every new version - the upstream version
should be consolidated first before anyone tries to clone it in bb.

Just my 0.02 ct.

Robert
     Hannoversche Str. 2, 31134 Hildesheim, Germany
   Phone: +49-5121-206917-0 |  Fax: +49-5121-206917-9