[BusyBox] The 1.0.1 commit list.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Jul 15 01:44:46 UTC 2005

On Thursday 14 July 2005 17:44, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On Thursday 14 July 2005 04:03 am, Rob Landley wrote:
> > 9539: Insufficient description.  (Is it a bug fix?)
>
> if you look at the udhcp module it'd have a good message ;)
>
> really these are multiple changes, some bugfixes, some not ... i'd look at
> the changes in the udhcp module to pick out individual changes/reasons

Well, the addition of -F is a new feature, and that seems to cover everything
exception the options.c bit at the end, which I don't understand...

I'm not saying we can't have any new features in 1.0.1, but I want to worry
about _which_ ones after -rc1.

> > 9650: Is this a new feature, or a bugfix?
>
> depends on who you ask :)  i say it's a bugfix so please move to 1.0.1

Ah, posix compliance.

Yeah, that counts as 1.0.1 material.

> > 10109: This workaround for a clearly broken closed-source compiler
> > doesn't even say _which_ compiler...
>
> iirc this was also posted to the busybox list with more details ... i dont
> recall it being an obscure compiler, just not a common one ...

If somebody could find the URL for it in the archives, I'd appreciate that.
(I'll root around for it eventually, but probably not before -rc1.)

> > 10116: Does anything actually use this?
>
> this was added to support the new copyfd code ... but now netcat uses it
> and i think we could probably change more things to use it

It's hard to find out which later patches depend on this.  But if make
allyesconfig breaks, I'll notice...

> > 10159: how the heck do I move this one over?
>
> you'll have to do it by hand i think:
> svn pe svn:ignore <dir>
> pe being short for propedit

Fun.

At the moment, I think I have to do them all by hand because I don't know how
to move a changeset from one repository to another, but oh well.  -rc1 will
probably be a big rollup patch that just lists the SVN changesets in the main
busybox archive...

> > *** The following touch the web pages.  We should just grab the new ones
> > or something.
> > 9447, 9472, 9573, 9697, 9700, 9704, 9787, 9821, 9822, 9823, 9834, 9922,
> > 10064, 10122, 10124
>
> i dont think there's much point in maintaining web pages outside of trunk,
> maybe just punt the dir ?  would make for a smaller release tarball :)

Sounds good to me.

> > 9969,9970,9972: Support for some random closed source libc.  (Why include
> > this?)
>
> it's for libgloss/newlib actually ... they arent closed source

http://sources.redhat.com/newlib

Ok...

> > 10096: test (add [[ and == support)
> > 10097: cp -H, -L
>
> i'd like to see these added to 1.0.1

I could be talked into that, both are fairly trivial...

One question: shouldn't a -H or -L coming after a -P disable it?  (Supposing
did an alias cp "cp -P" for example...)