[BusyBox] re: long args in bb_getopt_ulflags()

Paul Fox pgf at brightstareng.com
Mon Jan 31 14:31:19 UTC 2005

 > > implementing --color was a little more cumbersome than i would
 > > have liked.   currently there's no way for a long option to be
 > > parsed by bb_getopt_ulflags() unless it has a corresponding
 > > short option.  (you can detect the option, but you can't get it's
 > > value.) if i'm wrong about this, perhaps someone (vodz?) can tell
 > > me how it's done.  otherwise, what i've done is inefficient, but
 > > not otherwise horrible.
 > >
 > > paul
 >
 > Hi, Paul
 > Try it like this example it's easy:

hi tito.  i'm sorry, i was unclear in my statement above.  yes,
your example works fine, but "--version" is just a flag option --
there's no optarg associated with it.  i should have said:  if a
long option needs to have an argument, and there's no short
option equivalent for that option, then you can't get the
argument using bb_getop_ulflags().

i used the same technique as you've shown to find out that the
"--color" option is _present_.  if it is, then a second pass must
be made using getopt_long() in order to retrieve the argument
string.  (i might have done this differently, but i wasn't about
to touch the existing arg parsing code in ls.)

paul
 paul fox, pgf at brightstareng.com