[BusyBox] Method Post in Internet Explorer

Vladimir N. Oleynik dzo at simtreas.ru
Wed Jan 26 13:33:28 UTC 2005

Bernd,

>>>There are IEs out there (5.0, 5.5 or 6.-0 - can't remember exactly
>>>which) wich actually sent 2 (IIRC) bytes more than they say in the HTTP
>>>size parameter. If you don't read these superflous bytes but simply
>>>close the TCP connection the user may see an error message.
>>
>>But
>>http://www.busybox.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb/busybox/networking/httpd.c?r1=1.22&r2=1.23
>>have hack for "correct" this.
>

> Good.

As number of the version has not been corrected,
I do not know, whether really a problem in it.

> But does this work for CGI-scripts too since CGIs are usually startezd
> via fork()+execve()?
> We had the experience with thttpd and patched the CGI script in a
> similar (but much simpler) way.

My variant of the executor of a CGI does not transfer more the specified
a bodylen, to correct a script it is not necessary.
The staying symbols are read through after execCGI and
will be destroyed before closing.

--w
vodz