[BusyBox] compile problem in usleep.c

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Tue Jan 25 17:07:19 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 25 January 2005 07:04 am, Aurelien Jacobs wrote:
> On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 19:41:22 -0500
>
> Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:
> > On Monday 24 January 2005 03:18 pm, steve wrote:
> > > I thought I'd mention the new versions of syslinux appear
> > > to allow 'stringing' multiple files into an initrd.  I haven't
> > > investigated in detail, but it would appear to allow you to have a
> > > 'base' initrd, and 'add-in' the package updates at run time ?
> >
> > A) I fail to see the relevance, sorry.
> >
> > B) Syslinux only works from fat, not ext3.  And it doesn't even work with
> > fat32, just fat-12 and fat-16.
>
> steve was talking about the NEW version of syslinux. This new version
> now support fat32 ! And it also support ext2/ext3 via a new extlinux
> program. But I still haven't tested this new version.

Ah, I see the announcement.  Their website's FAQ hasn't been updated yet.

A while back I was pondering porting the LILO installer to busybox, since all
you have to do is parse the config file, open the data files and call the
ioctls to get sector lists, write the updated map file, and let the boot
sector know where it is.  Most of the rest is just writing a couple K of
binary data to the start of a /dev entry.

But LILO is x86 only, and busybox isn't.  ARM has its own bootloader, PowerPC
has its own bootloader...