[BusyBox] compile problem in usleep.c

Simon Byrnand simon at igrin.co.nz
Mon Jan 24 20:04:12 UTC 2005

At 18:00 24/01/2005, Rob Landley wrote:

>On Sunday 23 January 2005 04:36 pm, Glenn McGrath wrote:
> > On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:10:54 +1300
> >
> > Simon Byrnand <simon at igrin.co.nz> wrote:
> > >
> > > I had a quick look at uclibc but it seemed like a major ordeal to be
> > > able  to set up a build environment for it.... or did I miss something
> > > ? My  compiling skills are fairly limited as I'm not a C programmer...
> > > ;)
> >
> > There a few build systems that will use it relativly easily, the
> > OpenEmbedded build system can use either glibc or uclibc, it can build
> > its own cross compiling toolchain.
> >
> > Or you could try Erik's BuildRoot.
>
>Or my firmware linux build:
>
>http://www.landley.net/code/firmware
>
>Which isn't a cross-compiler, but can rebuild under itself.
>
>Rob

Hi,

Thanks for the info, but it looks like your system requires a 2.6 kernel,
while I'm using a 2.2 kernel... (it's only a wireless to ethernet router)

I've got everything working in the finish using glibc - even though I ended
up having to update to a later glibc, and had to add libresolv and
libnss_dns to get host name lookups working (which werent before) I've made
a net space saving of over 100KB on the disk thanks to symbol stripping the
libraries a bit more carefully, and the new version of busybox having
builtins for many things that I previously had externally. (telnetd, ash,
tinylogin, traceroute, to name a few) I've even managed to add in a lot of
things that weren't there before such as tftp and tfp client, cron, and a
few others.

Ah.... isn't busybox great :-)

Regards,
Simon