[BusyBox] Method Post in Internet Explorer

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at firmix.at
Sun Jan 23 21:54:14 UTC 2005

On Sun, 2005-01-23 at 23:12 +0200, Denis Vlasenko wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 00:54, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
> > On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 09:51 -0200, maurojr at audiolab.com.br wrote:
> > >   I have problens whith cgi scripts. The cgi run successful in browser
> > >   Mozilla(linux). When i run in Internet Explorer(windows) occur error. I
> >
> > Which error exactly? What does IE print on the screen?
> >
> > >   am believe this is because the method post. I am using the
> >
> > Since it happens with IE and not with Mozilla, IE is probably the
> > reason.
>
> Why guess? Use The Force^Wtcpdump.

There are IEs out there (5.0, 5.5 or 6.-0 - can't remember exactly
which) wich actually sent 2 (IIRC) bytes more than they say in the HTTP
size parameter. If you don't read these superflous bytes but simply
close the TCP connection the user may see an error message.

	Bernd
          Embedded Linux Development and Services