[BusyBox] Re: login and max password len

Henrik Grindal Bakken hgb at ifi.uio.no
Fri Jan 7 10:25:32 UTC 2005

Mpourtounis Dimitris <db at wless.gr> writes:

> Hi all,
> I was wondering if anyone has used login with more than 8
> chars password (in order to be more secure).

I assume you mean "with Busybox"...

In that case, I have (well, if you don't, I have anyway...).  I don't
recall if I had to patch anything, though.  You need to make busybox
support MD5 passwords, and to make that the default.  DES encrypted
passwords (standard UNIX crypt) doesn't support more than 8
characters.

 (That might not have been very helpful, though...)

--
Henrik Grindal Bakken <hgb at ifi.uio.no>
PGP ID: 8D436E52