[BusyBox] BusyBox with Shared Libraries

Chuck Gales cgales at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 19:45:25 UTC 2005

All,
 I am having a strange problem with BusyBox when I compile it with
dynamic libraries, and I haven't found anything like it on the mailing
list archives.  I was hoping that someone could provide some insight.

 I am running a Freescale 8272 system, using ELDK version 3.1 for
PowerPC and a Linux 2.4.20 kernel.  When I compile BusyBox version
1.0.0 to use shared libraries and create my cramfs root file system,
everything seems to work fine, and when my system boots, I get the
expected BusyBox ash prompt.

 However, when I try to execute any command which is not part of the
ash shell, I get the message 'Segmentation fault' and nothing else.  I
can 'cd' to other directories and execute all the other ash functions,
but nothing which calls the BusyBox executable itself.

 I get no other indications such as missing libraries or other errors,
only 'Segmentation fault', so I am really not sure where to start
troubleshooting the problem.

 Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Chuck Gales