[BusyBox] Problems with buildroot wget/no common repository

Ulf Samuelsson ulfs at dof.se
Sun Feb 20 23:16:24 UTC 2005

Having very limited hard disk space due to Linux/Windows dual boot on a laptop,
I think it would be good if there was a standard for where files are downloaded using "wget".
If I try out crosstool, then I get one copy of gcc-3.4.1.tar.gz in one directory,
and buildroot will download another one.

Crosstool defines the download directory as <home>/download.
For a single user this might be OK, but when multiple users are involved, you then get even more copies.
You *can* define an environment variable for the source directory.

It would be good if buildroot and other environemnts uses the same environment variable as crosstool,
so you would not have to download something which already exists on the machine.

Have a 10 Mbps Internet connection at home the download time is not so much an issue for me
but maybe others have this problem.

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB