[BusyBox] Busy Box and User Information

brian at cavagnolo.org brian at cavagnolo.org
Tue Feb 15 19:44:52 UTC 2005

Hello busypeople.  I just started using busybox on an XScale platform and
I'm trying to build the root file system from scratch.  When I boot with
the following line in the inittab:

::askfirst:/bin/sh

I get a prompt but I can't su, and none of the user information seems to
be active.  When I have this line in the inittab instead:

::respawn:/sbin/getty -L ttyS0 38400 vt100

I get a login prompt but can't login, apparently because the user
information is not set up right.  I copied over known working /etc/passwd
and /etc/group files, but this still didn't work.  Can somebody help me?

Thanks,
Brian

p.s.  I didn't really find any documentation on the /etc/busybox.conf file
syntax.  Any pointers?