[BusyBox] Problems with getty not spawning correctly

Vijay Padiyar vijay_padiyar at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 11 04:46:54 UTC 2005

Hi

Not sure if this is the problem. But just try with:

console=ttyS0,9600 console=ttyS0 eth0=162.18.182.10

See if it works out. It was the same sort of problem for us. We had:

ttyCPM::respawn:getty -L 57600 ttyCPM

in /etc/inittab, whereas our boot arguments were:

console=ttyS0,57600 console=tty0 root=/dev/ram0 rw

And we would get an error saying 'Bummer, can't open tty0!". But when we
changed it to:

console=ttyS0,57600 console=ttyCPM root=/dev/ram0 rw

with the same /etc/inittab, it started working fine. We had ttyCPM listed in
/dev with major no. 204 and minor no. 46.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Vijay Padiyar

http://www.vijaypadiyar.eu.tf