[BusyBox] [patch] ps w, take two

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Wed Feb 9 03:31:30 UTC 2005

On Tuesday 08 February 2005 11:34 am, Vladimir N. Oleynik wrote:

> > -		free(p->cmd);
> > +#ifdef CONFIG_FEATURE_CLEAN_UP
> > +		if (p->cmd)
> > +			free(p->cmd);
> > +#endif
>
> This moment especially has liked me. ;-)

Memory allocation policy needs a complete redo.  Very little pays attention to
the "allocate stuff on the stack" config option, for example.  And most of
the "config feature clean up" stuff boils down to having some kind of FREE()
macro that's null if we're not doing it and free if we are, the compiler can
optimize out a lot of the rest...

This is way, way down on my to-do list, though...