[BusyBox] udhcpd issues

Jeff Sadowski jeff_sadowski at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 5 17:47:50 UTC 2005

Im using cvs version from Feb 4 2005
Slackware 10

I couldn't seem to get udhcpd working properly
here is my /etc/udhcpd.conf file:
#begginning of /etc/udhcpd.conf
start           10.10.10.11
end             10.10.10.254
interface       eth0
max_leases      243
lease_file      /var/lib/misc/udhcpd.leases
pidfile         /var/run/udhcpd.pid     notify_file
/etc/rc.d/rc.test
opt     dns     10.10.10.10
option  subnet  255.255.255.0
opt     router  10.10.10.10
option  domain  local
option  lease   86400
#end of /etc/udhcpd.conf

notify_file does not seem to work
/etc/rc.d/rc.test is not beeing run
isn't it suppose to

another problem is that /var/lib/misc/udhcpd.leases
is not being populated it is empty
even though my client is getting the address.

Am I taking the notify_file option right it is
suppose to run that file right?
This is the main reason I'm trying to run udhcpd
because I'd like to run stuff off the dhcp deamon
giving an address instead of probing the lease file
every x seconds. If theres a better way to get a
dhcp deamon to run a script when its writing a
lease I'd like to here about it.