Cannot reboot from busybox

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Fri Dec 23 19:03:58 UTC 2005

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005 11:50:05 -0600, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>
wrote:

>I don't remember us having fixed this problem already, but I'd like
>to rule it out first when we're this close to a release.

There seems to be a flurry of bug activity here near the end of the
year.  Maybe January 1st is not a good choice of release date.

Are we trying to meet a corporate style deadline?

Why January 1st?

And why cut a release with known serious bugs, when another release
will be needed six to eight weeks later, just to fix those bugs?

Cutting a release may bring more testers, and bugs, scurrying out of
the woodwork.  Maybe 1.1.0 will be the "big bug test" release.  Seems
like extra work for you, though.