Cannot reboot from busybox

IraqiGeek geek at IraqiGeek.com
Thu Dec 22 15:46:34 UTC 2005

On Thursday, December 22, 2005 9:25 AM GMT,
Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> Which version of busybox are you using, and what's your config?

I knew I would forget to mention some things. I am using busybox v1.01.

> if you build busybox with init and then don't use busybox init, the
> halt and reboot commands try to talk to busybox init to do their
> thing, and it doesn't work.  If you build busybox without init, the
> halt and reboot command should halt or reboot the system directly
> without going through init (which also means your shutdown scripts
> don't get run, but oh well).

I have built busybox with init, and using it as the system init.

>> I have done some googling about this, but couldn't come across any
>> page that helped solving this.
>
> It's showed up on this list several times before...

I am sure about this, you don't have to be very smart to figure that this
has been discussed at least a few times, but the list archives don't have a
search page/function, and apparently the google croweler doesnt go through
those archives either.

Regards,
IraqiGeek
www.iraqigeek.com