busybox 1.1 pre mount problem

yan seiner yan at seiner.com
Wed Dec 21 11:39:53 UTC 2005

I am running a 2.4.26 kernel on an ARM board.  I am mounting / over
nfs.  This works fine; the kernel boots with / mounted correctly, but ro.

When I try to remount using rw, I get:

/ # mount -o remount,rw /
mount: Mounting  on  failed: No such file or directory

I've tried mounting various other things; the error is always the same.

/ # mount /dev/mntblock/1 /home -t jffs
mount: Mounting  on  failed: No such file or directory

It appears that mount is accessing some uninitialized string space for
the mount, for example

/proc # mount -o remount,rw /
mount: Can't find / in /etc/fstab
: Success
mount: Mounting / on (null) failed: Success

/ # mount devfs
mount: Mounting  on p|. failed: No such file or directory

/ # mount -a
mount: Mounting  on 8a. failed: No such file or directory

--Yan