tar bugfix patch n.347 (recoded)

Roberto A. Foglietta me at roberto.foglietta.name
Mon Dec 19 17:44:08 UTC 2005

Hi,

    patch update in order to have it in 1.1.0
    http://bugs.busybox.net/view.php?id=347

   > On Thursday 11 August 2005 07:42, Mike Frysinger wrote:
   >>
   >>in general you seem to declare local variables when they arent really
   >>needed ... that just adds overhead most of the time
   >>
   >>also, your extract_cpio_gz function changes are incomplete, some
   >>places still declare it as void ...

    I developed new 1.01 patch to fix my code craps as indicated by Mike.

   > Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 22:24:47 -0500
   > From: Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>
   >
   > I just looked at it.  It's a good patch, needs a bit of cleanup (the
   > return value of the transformer might as well be what we exit with)
   > but I can do that.

    Sorry Rob I did not do this, may be I am wrong but... In every place I
could I used bb_error_msg_and_die and in the open_transform -1 as error
code.
    The open_transformer use a function passed by parameter as transformer
and that transformer function is required return 0 in case of success
and another value in case of failure. But who use open_transformer
expect to have a fd_pipe integer back. I would not deliver them an
integer which could be confused as a valid fd_pipe, so I return -1
value. Return -EINVAL could be good too.

    Patch follow in attach but I have uploaded it in the bug-track system
too.

    Sorry for the latency,
--
Roberto A. Foglietta