libbb shared library

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Thu Dec 15 10:33:36 UTC 2005

On Wed, Dec 14, 2005 at 11:56:48PM -0500, John Kelly wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:43:24 -0600, Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>
>wrote:
>
>>> It would be nice if libbb was a shared library.
>
>>Please try to keep up with the group:
>>http://www.busybox.net/lists/busybox/2005-May/014638.html

I could provide an updated patch if need be. For the sake of smaller size,
i did choose to switch to IMA compile mode for the patch i use for
libbusybox. As pointed out several times, IMA mode doesn't work
consistently in gcc-3.x and -4.x, so for 1.2, we will have the IMA mode
as independant option in the build submenu to let the user turn it on or
off depending on which compiler-version she uses, how much RAM she has
on the build-host etc, etc.