Not about svn 12894.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 15 08:08:27 UTC 2005

I don't know how to annotate an SVN checkin after it's already checked in, but
the license text trim I did is justified in part by Berkeley rescinding the
advertising clause from the BSD license:

  ftp://ftp.cs.berkeley.edu/pub/4bsd/README.Impt.License.Change

And partly by the big "no warantee" boilerplate text already being included in
the text of the GPL (sections 11 and 12).

So we shouldn't need to include the BSD text in GPL licensed stuff, just
acknowledge Berkeley's copyright.