Busybox and standards/direction, old tar options

David Seikel won_fang at yahoo.com.au
Tue Dec 13 05:09:29 UTC 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 21:54:43 -0600 Rob Landley <rob at landley.net> wrote:

> There's never been an init standard (I've looked, if you can find one
> please tell me).  Strangely, this lack of documentation is somewhat
> inconvenient but doesn't bother me on a deep existential level.

I have also looked far and wide for an init standard.  Same for the so
called "Sys V init" stuff.  In all the standards docs, all I have found
is "There should be a file called /etc/inittab".  Nothing else.  Zip,
nada, there is no standard.

Which is probably why LSB rolled their own.

--
Stuff I have no control over could be added after this line.