mark obsolete usage of fold

John Kelly jakelly at shtc.net
Sun Dec 11 19:48:27 UTC 2005

On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 19:55:32 +0100 (CET), Peter S Mazinger
<ps.m at gmx.net> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Dec 2005, Rob Landley wrote:

>> There are several bugs I only see linked against uClibc 0.9.28.

>do you refer maybe to not supporting *-progname (something w/ short,
>can't recall now), so that gnu testsuites fail due to different errors?

I don't know what Rob means, but like I said on the uclibc list,
__progname is already defined in the uclibc init code, although the
GNU aliases for it are not.

Since an extern __progname is already available, changing error.c to
output the basename of __progname gets the coreutils tests working
right.  Otherwise, many of them fail due to the simple fact that the
tests expect to see the program name in the output.

When I posted about this on the uclibc list, some of the response was
downright inhospitable.  I wonder if they like to hoard secrets, or if
they're just ashamed of what little they do know.