Makefile tweak for -lm?

Bernhard Fischer rep.nop at aon.at
Sun Dec 11 10:04:15 UTC 2005

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:32:06AM +0000, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 01:42:52AM +0100, Bernhard Fischer wrote:
>> I will ci the attached patch tomorrow unless somebody objects.
>
>why dont you use the simpler form i suggested
>
>Rules.mak:
>LIBRARIES   :=
>need-libm-y :=
><include subfiles>

Then */Makefile would include */Makefile.in and Rules.mak, Rules.mak
itself would again include the Makefile.in's, which is ugly.
I think that Rules.mak should not include anything except maybe
.config.

After 1.1 is branched, i was thinking about changing */Makefile to
have their includes in a more appealing order.

What do you think about this and what should we do now for SORT_BIG?