Bug triage.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Thu Dec 8 16:11:41 UTC 2005

On Thursday 08 December 2005 01:55, Yann E. MORIN wrote:
> Hello Rob,
> All,
>
> Quoting Rob Landley <rob at landley.net>:
> > 428  Extra space character (0x20) is added to last string option
> >   Fixit.
>
> This shall be fixed with my latest modprobe update.
>
> > 362  insmod chatter
> >   Agreed.  Remember to update usage.h
>
> I'll do it tonight. (GMT+0100)

The ones you don't get to I'll take a whack at this weekend.  Mention which
ones of these you fix on your SVN checkin comment and I'll knock them off the
list.

> > 276  Linux 2.6 module autoloading breaks when support for 2.4 modules is
> > disabled
> >   Ok.
>
> What does your 'Ok' means? Already fixed, or should be fixed?
> If not yet done, I'll do it tonight.

Means should be fixed.  I categorized the list in chunks: the first chunk is
"already fixed" (the commented out ones are bugs I closed out, the
non-commented out ones are the ones I didn't yet).

The second chunk is "we should fix this for 1.1".

The third chunk is "it would be nice to fix this for 1.1, but if it doesn't
get fixed I'll live."

The rest are hold for 1.2, bad idea, not an actual bug, etc.

> > 272  modprobe does not process parameters
> >   We should make sure this works.  Parameters processing got redone...
>
> Yep, it should work now.

Pull up the bug and read the long description before closing these out,
sometimes it has specific tests.

> > ---------------------------
> > new features, hold for 1.2:
> > ---------------------------
>
> May I add a ledman command? More and more SOHO routers, PDAs... use LEDs as
> status feedback. What about including this simple enough command as an
> applet for BusyBox?
> If accepted, I jump in for it.

And LED control command?  Sounds right up busybox's alley.  If it's small and
simple and #configs out cleanly, sure why not.

But I'm not holding up the release for it, so get it in quick. :)

> Regards,
> Yann E. MORIN.

Rob
(And now, I have to catch a plane.  Queue Kermit: "With that tongue?  No
way.")