A set of scripts to make a live cd from your main setup.

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Mon Dec 5 16:42:20 UTC 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 09:11, sreekant kodela wrote:
> Hi Walter
>
> This set of scripts are to make more than a boot
> floppy. It is to allow searching for cd, mounting cd
> based links for a live system etc.

Is this dynamic (based on /sys) or static nodes?

> Infact I only found out about qemu few days ago. Once
> installed, I tested my livecd many a times. Would have
> saved loads of time during development Doh :

qemu is highly cool, isn't it?

I have a script that makes a partitioned hard drive image you can boot with
qemu.  It'll be in the next release of Firmware Linux (which was _supposed_
to be yesterday, and should be later today...)
http://www.landley.net/code/firmware

The last bootable CD I made was based off a 2.88 floppy image, but the next
one should be based off of the hard drive image...

> I am hoping to make this live cd making scripts to be
> easily modifiable and maintainable.

Yay rah cool.  Boot floppies are obsolete, boot cd's are the new way of doing
this.

> The current version 0.1a is fully functional and makes
> a bootable/functional live cd.
>
> Ta
> sreekant
>
> -- walter harms <wharms at bfs.de> wrote:
> > hi sreekant,
> > busybox has a script to create a bootfloppy.

We have a script to create a boot floppy?  Where?

Ah, examples/bootfloppy.  Never saw that before.  Cool...

I'm focusing on getting FWL 0.9 out today, and then jumping on the 1.1-pre2
buglist, but at the very least we can link to your page from the FAQ (once I
get a chance to play with it).