Need help in compiling on cygwin

Rob Landley rob at landley.net
Fri Dec 2 16:13:35 UTC 2005

On Friday 02 December 2005 06:58, Tito wrote:
> Snip
> Hi to all,
> I'm trying the same, just for fun,  but with MSYS and MinGW compiler,
> but I started by trying to make "make menuconfig" work.
> So far I managed to fix some issues with sys/utsname.h, pdcurses and
> installed a bison executable.

Busybox and uclibc copied all that verbatim from the linux kernel.  (I can
barely get curses to work under linux, trying it under windows frightens me
deeply.)

> Maybe It would be better to try the make allnoconfig way?
> If there is some interest I can post the error msg,

If you've been following the miniconfig stuff, under busybox you can currently
do an allnoconfig, append a miniconfig to .config, and then do:
yes "" | make oldconfig

Eventually we'll upgrade to the new kernel stuff that supports allno.config,
but that's a 1.2 issue...